Those familiar with what is perhaps the grooviest part of the city of Dallas are familiar with Matilda St., who along with McMillan serve as the preferred conduits for those inhabiting the Lower Greenville area. I mean, everyone knows that only tourists and cops drive on Greenville. So you cab imagine this east Dallas native’s surprise when I went to visit my mom today and saw that both signs at the street’s intersection with Mercedes have been replaced with impostor “Mitilda” signs. I mean, who spells it like that? With all the street name change business going on in this town as of late, maybe someone actually took some initiative. Or maybe this is some new sort of vandalism that can mark its origins to my home town. Probably not.
This is the ultimate example of why you should pick up things that you find in the street.
Rest in Peace MC Breed. Here’s some Dallas-related trivia that links Breed to Deep Ellum.
Dead Stock Crew head Info-Red is back with another solid release. The punchlines are as fresh as ever on Kaleidoscope.
A look at the Pitchfork 500, the first foray into print from the internet mother lode for music analysis.
Dandy Don Meredith excelled at every level in North Texas football. The legend Dallas Cowboy quarterback will finally get the ultimate recognition from his alma mater SMU, over two decades after he earned similar honors from America’s Team.
- Well thanks a lot Russel Westbrook. First losing season since 99-00 for the Mavs. Twas a good run.. :( | 1 hour ago
- Mavs looking like the playoff team vs. Thunder.. weak ass 35 pts at halftime | 2 hours ago
- LS just called March Madness a 'pirate ship of lies' | 3 days ago
- De'Aaron Fox may get drafted above Lonzo Ball based on this game alone. | 3 days ago
- wtf HOW DOES DEVIN BOOKER HAVE 70 POINTS?!? | 3 days ago